Posted in Meme, My Life, tagged Blog Carnival, Childhood, EtsyBloggers, mischief, mishaps, schemes, stories, stunts on August 29, 2008|
5 Comments »
This is my monthly contribution to the EtsyBlogger's Blog Carnival. Due to my having a destructively rebellious nature it is REALLY hard for me to participate in these. I have no good reason to balk, but being given a subject to write about seems to block up my brain. For those of you who know me personally, this is no surprise, seeing as I have been known to rip up assembly directions for put it together yourself furniture mid-assembly and just "wing it". (Wish I could say that was with "mixed results" but it's been more like exclusively bad results.)
Anyway, let's get down to business!! What did I do when I was a child that I will always remember? Here's a small spattering of summarized stories to satiate your blogging carnival appetites:
- Dressed up like a wide range of costume characters and convinced my younger sister that I was NOT myself and instead, for example, a Russian spy, a traveling gypsy, my own long lost twin.
- Harassed my older sister's friends with psychotic antics including: threatening them with hand saws, snow shovels, and butcher's knives, launching dead squirrels at their heads, dressing up as a variety of costumed characters (armed and dangerous costumed characters).
- Wore 3d glasses and suspenders for most of 1987.
- Buried some of my older and younger sister's stuff in a "time capsule" somewhere in the woods where I was never ever able to find it again. Woops.
- Convinced myself that I had awoken a dangerous poltergeist in the old air field behind my house.
- Convinced all my friends that the polergeist awas also after them.
- Made myself a necklace out of gum. (This MAY have been my very first piece of abstract functional art.) I got it all mashed up in my hair, then tried to cut it out with some scissors. The next morning my Mom went to brush my hair and was horrified when it began falling out in chunks.
- Followed the swampy stream near my best friend's house all the way to the end in search of an escaped python.
- Inspired by Baby Jessica's fame, I tried to get myself stuck down a number of pipes and wells.
- Inspired by my own delusions of super powers I tempted fate by walking in front of moving cars on busy roads, jumping from second story windows and throwing myself down ravines.
- In sixth grade I formed an elaborate plot to run-away with my friend Nancy Delucia to Vermont and become waitresses at a ski resort she went to once. As the date of our grand escape neared, Nancy Delucia, that rat, chickened out and turned me into the guidance counseler at shcool.
There are about a million more, but that should do it for now.
Read Full Post »
Posted in Meme on February 1, 2008|
3 Comments »
SUPPOSEDLY if you’ve seen over 85 films, you have no life. Mark the
ones you’ve seen. There are 239 films on this list. Then, put x’s next
to the films you’ve seen, add them up.
(x) Rocky Horror Picture Show
(x) Pirates of the Caribbean
(x) Pirates of the Caribbean 2: Dead Man’s Chest
(x) Boondock Saints
(x) Fight Club
( ) Starsky and Hutch
(x) Neverending Story
(x) Blazing Saddles
( ) Airplane
(x) The Princess Bride
(x) Napoleon Dynamite
( ) Saw
(x) Saw II
(x) White Noise
( ) White Oleander
( ) Anger Management
( ) 50 First Dates
( ) The Princess Diaries
( ) The Princess Diaries 2: Royal Engagement
(x) Scream 2
(x) Scream 3
(x) Scary Movie
(x) Scary Movie 2
(x) Scary Movie 3
( ) Scary Movie 4
(x) American Pie
(x) American Pie 2
(x) American Wedding
( ) American Pie Band Camp
(x) Harry Potter 1
(x) Harry Potter 2
(x) Harry Potter 3
(x) Harry Potter 4
(x) Resident Evil 1
(x) Resident Evil 2
(x) The Wedding Singer
(x) Little Black Book
(x) The Village
(x) Lilo & Stitch
(x) Finding Nemo
( ) Finding Neverland
(x) The Grinch
(x) Texas Chainsaw Massacre
( ) Texas Chainsaw Massacre: The Beginning
( ) White Chicks
( ) Butterfly Effect
( ) 13 Going on 30
( ) I, Robot
( ) Robot
(x) Dodgeball: A True Underdog Story
( ) Universal Soldier
(x) Lemony Snicket: A Series Of Unfortunate Events
( ) Along Came Polly
(x) Deep Impact
( ) KingPin
(x) Never Been Kissed
(x) Meet The Parents
( ) Meet the Fockers
( ) Eight Crazy Nights
(x) Joe Dirt
(x) KING KONG
( ) A Cinderella Story
( ) The Terminal
( ) The Lizzie McGuire Movie
( ) Passport to Paris
(x) Dumb & Dumber
( ) Dumber & Dumberer
(x) Final Destination
(x) Final Destination 2
(x) Final Destination 3
(x) The Ring
(x) The Ring 2
( ) Surviving X-MAS
( ) Flubber
(x) Harold & Kumar Go To White Castle
( ) Practical Magic
( ) Ghost Ship
(x) From Hell
( ) I Am Sam
( ) The Whole Nine Yards
( ) The Whole Ten Yards
( ) The Day After Tomorrow
( ) Child’s Play
( ) Seed of Chucky
( ) Bride of Chucky
(x) Ten Things I Hate About You
( ) Just Married
( ) Gothika
(x) Nightmare on Elm Street
(x) Sixteen Candles
(x) Remember the Titans
( ) Coach Carter
( ) The Grudge
( ) The Grudge 2
(x) The Mask
( ) Son Of The Mask
( ) Bad Boys
( ) Bad Boys 2
( ) Joy Ride
( ) Lucky Number Sleven
( ) Ocean’s Eleven
( ) Ocean’s Twelve
(x) Bourne Identity
(x) Bourne Supremecy
( ) Lone Star
( ) Bedazzled
( ) Predator I
( ) Predator II
( ) The Fog
( ) Ice Age
( ) Ice Age 2: The Meltdown
( ) Curious George
(x) Independence Day
( ) Cujo
( ) A Bronx Tale
( ) Darkness Falls
( ) Christine
(x) Children of the Corn
( ) My Bosses Daughter
(x) Maid in Manhattan
(x) War of the Worlds
(x) Rush Hour
(x) Rush Hour 2
( ) Best Bet
( ) How to Lose a Guy in 10 Days
( ) She’s All That
( ) Calendar Girls
( ) Sideways
(x) Mars Attacks
( ) Event Horizon
(x) Ever After
(x) Wizard of Oz
(x) Forrest Gump
(x) Big Trouble in Little China
(x) The Terminator
(x) The Terminator 2
(x) The Terminator 3
(x) Spider-Man 2
( ) Sky High
( ) Jeepers Creepers
( ) Jeepers Creepers 2
(x) Catch Me If You Can
(x) The Little Mermaid
( ) Freaky Friday
(x) Reign of Fire
( ) The Skulls
(x) Cruel Intentions
( ) Cruel Intentions 2
( ) The Hot Chick
(x) Shrek 2
( ) Swimfan
( ) Miracle on 34th street
(x) Old School
( ) The Notebook
( ) K-Pax
( ) Krippendorf’s Tribe
( ) A Walk to Remember
( ) Ice Castles
( ) Boogeyman
( ) The 40-year-old Virgin
(x) Lord of the Rings Fellowship of the Ring
(x) Lord of the Rings The Two Towers
(x) Lord of the Rings Return Of the King
(x) Indiana Jones and the Raiders of the Lost Ark
(x) Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom
(x) Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade
( ) Baseketball
( ) Waiting for Guffman
(x) House of 1000 Corpses
(x) Devils Rejects
( ) Mothman Prophecies
( ) American History X
( ) Three
( ) The Jacket
(x) Kung Fu Hustle
(x) Shaolin Soccer
( ) Night Watch
(x) Monsters Inc.
(x) Monty Python and the Holy Grail
(x) Shaun Of the Dead
( ) Willard
( ) High Tension
(x) Club Dread
( ) Hulk
(x) Dawn Of the Dead
(x) Chronicles Of Narnia The Lion the Witch and the Wardrobe
(x) 28 days later
( ) Orgazmo
( ) Phantasm
(x) Kill Bill vol 1
(x) Kill Bill vol 2
(x) Mortal Kombat
( ) Wolf Creek
( ) Kingdom of Heaven
( ) the Hills Have Eyes
( ) I Spit on Your Grave aka the Day of the Woman
( ) The Last House on the Left
( ) Re-Animator
(x) Army of Darkness
(x) Star Wars Ep. I The Phantom Menace
(x) Star Wars Ep. II Attack of the Clones
(x) Star Wars Ep. III Revenge of the Sith
(x) Star Wars Ep. IV A New Hope
(x) Star Wars Ep. V The Empire Strikes Back
(x) Star Wars Ep. VI Return of the Jedi
(x) Ewoks Caravan Of Courage
(x) Ewoks The Battle For Endor
(x) The Matrix
(x) The Matrix Reloaded
(x) The Matrix Revolutions
(x) Evil Dead
(x) Evil Dead 2
(x) Team America: World Police
( ) Red Dragon
(x) Silence of the Lambs
Total: 134 SO I guess 1 me = 1.57 dorks. Bitches, I’m a dork and a half! I wonder if Bobleo or Michelle will beat me?
Read Full Post »
Posted in Meme on December 18, 2004|
1 Comment »
My sister Sarah has one of these on her blog so I thought it would be fun to steal the idea…
1. I am a direct desendant of Marquis De Laffayette
2. My Great Grandfather on my Mother’s side fled to this country after bighting off a Swedish nobleman’s finger in a bar fight.
3. He became a wilderness guide in the north woods of Maine.
4. My Great Grandfather on my Father’s side was the first banker to give away a toaster with a checking account.
5. I called him Poppy and he was my hero.
6. His daughter worked for Jim Davis and Charles Schultz.
7. She raised my father, her son, in a house named "The Setting Sun" in Yonkers, New York.
8. My father was in a vigilante gang called The Cruisers.
9. The Cruisers had a bad run in with the Tanglewood Boys so my father went away to college in Maine to become a Merhcant Marine. He brought the last non-incinerated Cruisers’ jacket with him.
10. He was second mate on an oil tanker. He sailed around South America a lot and got to learn Spanish guitar from his shipmates.
11. When I was a kid I thought he was a pirate.
12. He met my Mom while he was in Maine.
13. She has a sister that I only just found out about last year.
14. The sister stole all of her Barbie dolls twenty years ago.
15. My mother’s name is Syndi.
16. It is spelled that way because she was named after her older brother Sydney, who died as a baby.
17. My mother had 4 babies and I was the second.
18. She started at 19.
19. She has the amazing ability to reason with children of all ages.
20. When we were kids she was incredibly crafty and creative in order to give us everything we needed on a small budget.
21. She is still incredibly crafty and creative but now it is for her own enjoyment.
22. My mom is a tough cookie.
23. As a result my sisters and I are also tough cookies.
24. I dropped out of High School when I turned 16.
25. As a result I have had many good times and many bad times, but I think I’ve had more of each than most.
26. My first job was as a Subway Sandwich artist.
27. It was the best job I ever had.
28. My boss was a dirty old man and he was one of my best friends.
29. He would wake me up every morning and ask me what I wanted for breakfast.
30. We danced to old timey music when it was slow.
31. We fought like cats and dogs when we were mad.
32. Everybody thought he was my Dad.
33. He is retired and now sailing all over the world with his wife, who he stills calls "my honey" or "my bride".
34. I worked for an S+M group for free beer when I was 17.
35. I never performed any S+M, nor had S+M performed on me during this time.
36. I had a boyfriend who thought he was a big rock star.
37. It turned out he was just a big cock.
38. I’m on my fifth and what I hope to be my final boyfriend.
39. I have known him for 11 years.
40. We have been dating for 6.
41. He is my perfect match.
42. He is the perfect mix of manliness and sensitivity.
43. He is one of the best people I have ever known.
43. I fell in love with him without knowing it.
44. I discovered this after I broke up with him 2 days into our relationship.
45. I thought I would break his heart and I did.
46. While he was gone I realized how much I loved him and was broken hearted to know I had lost him forever both as a friend and a boyfriend.
47. I thought he would never come back.
48. I was wrong.
49. He said that he didn’t want to lose having me in his life just because he couldn’t have me the way he wanted me.
50. Then I kissed him. 🙂
51. My first love was a boy named Anthony from Yonkers.
52. I was 13.
53. People think kids that age lack the ability to love deeply.
54. People are wrong about a lot of things.
55. We were together on and off for two unforgettable years.
56. We broke eachother’s hearts.
57. It’s a long story but one day I will write a novel about of it.
58. I think when you truly love someone you will never stop even when you decide that you are better off apart.
59. I used to think that this meant you would never truly love another person.
60. I was wrong.
61. Some people think I’m a know-it-all.
62. I disagree.
63. I have mulitple best friends.
64. For this, I consider myself lucky.
65. One of these people is my younger sister, Heather.
66. She is 18 months younger than I.
67. Mom and Dad say she was a "pleasant surprise".
68. When we were kids we played Barbie games that lasted for months.
69. Sometimes during these games we wouldn’t speak.
70. We still knew what the other’s barbie was saying.
71. When she went to college I cried a lot.
72. We had never been apart for more than 2 weeks.
73. Now we live far apart.
74. Sometimes we still know what the other’s barbie is saying.
75. I like to sing but I’m nothing to write home about.
76. I like to draw but my talent is inconsistent.
77. I am my craftiest under pressure.
78. I have written countless stories but none are finished.
79. Right now I am writing a folktale about a girl named Ryoko who makesa deal with the moon.
80. I intend to have my sister finish this one.
81. I think this is a clever idea.
82. I like to come up with ideas for inventions and businesses.
83. My father and my boyfriend share the same hobby.
84. I am fully confident that one of us with hit paydirt sooner or later.
85. I would tell you some of these inventions but they are all CLASSIFIED.
86. I have an overactive imagination.
87. Some people think this is paranoia, but I disagree.
88. A couple of months ago I thought I might be in trouble with a vampire mummy.
89. I have been terrified and enthralled by aliens from the age of 6.
90. I have a similar complex about sharks, but aliens definately scare me more often.
91. I like to stand up for people I work with.
92. I have discovered that this is not a popular trait in a corporate environment.
93. This had the opposite effect when I worked at independantly owned businesses.
94. I am liberal to the point that you could begin to consider me a socialist.
95. My parents raised me in such a way that I am still disgusted and confused by the existence of racism and bigotry.
96. From 5 years in a japanese restaurant I can speak enough Japanese to get around a grocery store.
97. I can speak enough Spanish to usually know the general gist of a conversation.
98. I’ve traveled a lot, but not nearly enough.
99. If I won the lottery I would share the wealth, but leave just enough(invested wisely) for me and my honey to never work again and instead travel all around the world with my buddies.
100. I can have a good time anywhere as long as I have a friend along.
Read Full Post »